- No processed foods – fast food, those things in boxes that have a long list of stuff we don’t know, anything that is not REAL food.
- No refined, artificial & added sugars – or really any sugar that isn’t already naturally in foods (honey & maple syrup can be used if needed)
- No grains – gluten = bad. If you want to bake opt for coconut flour and almond flour. Plenty in the visual recipe index.
- No legumes (yes that includes peanuts & anything soy)
- No white potatoes – they spike your insulin, but sweet potatoes are okay. Sweet Potatoes are NOT potatoes, they don’t even come from the same plant family! Interesting, right?
- No dairy – use fermented or raw grass-fed dairy if needed
- No alcohol – although if you absolutely have to there are some “better” ones to consume
- No vegetable oils (that includes canola, peanut, soybean, corn, etc…)
- Yes to healthy fats – animal fat, coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil, tallow, nut oils, etc…
- Yes to grass fed meats, pastured free-range chicken/eggs, wild fish and fresh organic produce (find your local farmer’s market)
- Sleep! That’s important.
Wednesday, 18 April 2012
Jake is going great, life just got extremely busy for us.. and we are loving every minute of it!
We could not be any happier, we are living the life we want now.
Our diet consists of;
Organic Nuts, Meat, Seafood, Vegetables, Fruit, Bone Broth.
Alcohol, Sugar, Gluten, Wheat, Dairy, Coffee, Preservatives.
It sounds dull, but it allows you to get creative in the kitchen! Tonight I made banana and walnut muffins with almond meal, and they taste delicious!
Also, going out for a meal is never all that fun when you're trying to order... but the fun side is the chef comes out to talk to you about what you need, and you are given 'special attention' by the staff.
Also Thai food is not a problem to alter, so we are lucky there!
We are loving exploring new things :)